Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC530 14TB SATA HDD is a standard 3.5-inch form factor. Western Digital delivers the capacity to conquer the data explosion so it lays the foundation for a worry-free data center. It is built using HelioSeal technology. This industry’s only fifth-generation helium platform and the basis for the high-capacity DC HC500 series.
DC HC530 was designed for public and private cloud environments where storage density, Watts/TB and $/TB are critical parameters for creating the most cost-efficient infrastructure.
This DC HC530 hard drive is designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year. The Western Digital DC HC530 is based on conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology for drop-in simplicity in enterprise and cloud data centers.
Western Digital – DC HC530 14TB – WUH721414ALE6L4
- Ultra-low Watts per terabyte (W/TB)
- SATA 6Gb/s & SAS 12Gb/s
- Dual Safe, RSA-signed firmware
- 512MB cache buffer
- Media cache plus architecture
- TDMR & Dual-stage microactuator
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS)
- Has a Rotational speed of 7200RPM
- Bulk storage using Object storage solutions like
CEPH and OpenStack Swift
- Self-Encrypting Drive (TCG SED) options
- CMR technology works seamlessly incapacity enterprise applications & environments