The RackStation RS818RP+ 4-Bay NAS Server from Synology is a reliable, high performance 1 RU network attached storage solution for SMB environments seeking strong performance and scalable storage for sharing files across different platforms, centralizing data backups, and protecting critical assets. This unit has four drive bays, each of which natively supports 3.5″ SATA hard drives, as well as and 2.5″ SATA hard drives and SSDs with sequential read speeds of over 1099 MB/s. Should users need to expand the overall capacity of their RS818RP+, the optional RX418 expansion unit offers an additional four drive bays that are identical to those offered by the RS818RP+. Additionally, should power to the NAS be interrupted, the RS818RP+ comes equipped with a 100W redundant power supply.
The RackStation RS818RP+ is powered by a 2.4 GHz Intel Atom C2538 Quad-Core processor, which will allow you to run multiple functions simultaneously. The built-in 2GB of DDR3 RAM will allow quick access to frequently-used files and programs and may also be upgraded to a total of 16GB by installing an 8GB module into the available memory slot. Also featured are two USB 3.0 Type-A ports and one eSATA port, which allow it to be connected to your Windows or Mac system, or the RX418 expansion unit. Network connectivity is achieved via the four Gigabit Ethernet ports with failover support, which helps to provide redundancy in the case that a LAN connection malfunction occurs on one port. In addition, link aggregation, powered by four LAN ports, helps to increase connection speeds beyond the limits of a single network port or cable.
The RackStation RS818RP+ runs on the DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which helps simplify managing your NAS, as well as accessing and sharing data. A variety of RAID modes are supported, which help provide users with data redundancy, speed, or a combination of both. Supported RAID modes include RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, Basic, and Synology Hybrid RAID. For those who do not require a RAID, JBOD is also available, allowing each drive bay to be individually utilized.
The RackStation RS818RP+ is engineered to be energy efficient. Not only does it offer two 40 x 40mm fans to help keep the system running cool, its noise dampening design makes for quiet operations. The server supports numerous scheduled power on / off cycles and hard drive hibernation to further minimize power consumption and operation expenses. The RackStation RS818RP+ operates on 100-240 VAC at 50/60 Hz and includes an accessory pack and two AC power cords.
- Powerful & Scalable Storage Solution
- Synology RackStation RS818RP+ comes with a 2.4 GHz Intel Atom C2538 Quad-Core processor with an AES-NI hardware encryption engine, four Gigabit LAN ports, and support for an optional 10GbE network adapter for bandwidth-intensive environments. It provides both strong performance and a scalable storage solution for sharing files across different platforms, centralizing data backups, and protecting critical assets.
- Speedier Performance
- The RS818RP+ allows network and memory upgrades to help boost system performance, with an optional 10GbE network adapter for bandwidth-intensive environments and up to 16GB (2 x 8GB) of dual-channel DDR3 RAM.
- High Service Reliability
- The RS818RP+ comes with four Gigabit LAN ports that support Link Aggregation and failover. Synology High Availability support helps provide a reliable active/passive serve cluster, keeping data and services online. Furthermore, the RS818RP+ us equipped with dual redundant 150W power supplies to deliver increased service continuity.
- Btrfs File System
- The Btrfs file system introduces storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large scale businesses:
Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System
Provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
Provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots.
File- or Folder-Level Data Restoration
Helps make data recovery user-friendly and flexible.
Automatic File Self-Healing
Detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention.
- Real-Time Private Cloud Collaboration
- Office is a collaboration package combining the convenience and usability of public clouds with the data privacy and security guaranteed by private clouds. It allows you to work seamlessly together on documents and spreadsheets in a protected environment.
- Fully Certified Storage Virtualization Solutions
- Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a user-friendly management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
- Powered by Synology DSM
- Surveillance Station
Complete surveillance solution for recording, monitoring, and management.Desktop Backup
Simplified backup solution for your Windows, Mac, and mobile devices.Hyper Backup
Store multiple backup versions with block-level incremental data backup and cross-version deduplication.
Synology’s operating system has an intuitive user interface and powerful capabilities.
Comprehensive built-in security tools are constantly updated to tackle evolving threats and protect your devices.
Save additional investment by integrating various network services, web/mail services, and management applications into your NAS.