Designed to provide storage scalability in small- to medium-sized business environments, the RackStation RS1219+ 8-Bay NAS Enclosure from Synology can serve as a backup target for protecting your critical assets or a centralized file server for sharing files across different platforms. This unit has 8 drive bays, each of which natively supports 3.5″ SATA hard drives, as well as 2.5″ SATA hard drives and SSDs. Should users need to expand the overall capacity of their RS1219+, the optional RX418 expansion units offers an additional four drive bays.
The RackStation RS1219+ is powered by a 2.4 GHz Intel Atom C2538 Quad-Core processor, which will allow you to run multiple functions simultaneously. The built-in 2GB of DDR3 RAM will allow quick access to frequently used files and programs and may also be upgraded to a total of 16GB by installing two 8GB modules into the available memory slots. Also featured are two USB 3.0 Type-A ports and one eSATA port which allow it to be connected to your Windows or Mac system. Network connectivity is achieved via the four Gigabit Ethernet ports with failover support, which help to provide redundancy in the case that a LAN connection malfunction occurs on one port. In addition, link aggregation, powered by four LAN ports, helps to increase connection speeds beyond the limits of a single network port or cable. If you’re looking to expand this NAS, there is one PCIe 2.0 x4 slot that supports x8 cards and can be used to create an SSD cache, add a 10GbE network card, and more.
The RackStation RS1219+ runs on the DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which helps simplify managing your NAS, as well as accessing and sharing data. A variety of RAID modes are supported, which help provide users with data redundancy, speed, or a combination of both. Supported RAID modes include RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, Basic, and Synology Hybrid RAID. For those who do not require a RAID, JBOD is also available, allowing each drive bay to be individually utilized.
Synology has engineered the RackStation RS1219+ to be energy efficient. Not only does it offer two 80 x 80mm fans to help keep the system running cool, the server supports numerous scheduled power on / off cycles and hard drive hibernation to further minimize power consumption and operational expenses. The RackStation RS1219+ operates on 100-240 VAC at 50/60 Hz and includes an accessory pack, an AC power cord, and a power cord. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year hardware warranty.
- Economical and Space-Saving Rackmount for Server Deployment
- The RS1219+ supports up to 12 drives when connecting it to one RX418 expansion unit. Since both the RS1219+ and RX418 are only 12″ in depth, they can fit in a 2-post or wall-mount rack.
- File Management and Sharing
- File Station is a web-based, fast, and secure management tool built to allow easy, drag-and-drop operation without requiring any complex setup on Windows or Mac. Advanced search and filtering tools allow for easy organization and sharing of files with just a link. Supports SMB, FTP, AFP, NFS, and WebDAV, and compatible with most environments.
- Next-Generation File System for Better Data Protection
- The Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System
This provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.Snapshot Replication
This provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots.
File- or Folder-Level Data Restoration
This helps make data recovery fast and flexible.
Automatic File Self-Healing
This detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention.
- Real-Time Collaboration on Your Private Cloud
- Office is a collaboration package combining the convenience and usability of public clouds with the data privacy and security guaranteed by private clouds. It allows you to work seamlessly together on documents and spreadsheets in a protected environment.
- Fully-Certified Storage Virtualization Solutions
- Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Powered by Synology DSM
- Surveillance Station
- Complete surveillance solution for recording, monitoring, and management.
- Desktop Backup
- Simplified backup solution for your Mac, Windows, and mobile devices.
- Hyper Backup
- Store multiple backup versions with block-level incremental data backup and cross-version deduplication.
- DSM UI
- Operating system with an intuitive user interface and powerful capabilities.
- Comprehensive built-in security tools are constantly updated to tackle evolving threats and protect your devices.
- All-in-One Server
- Save additional investment by integrating various network services, web/mail services, and management applications into your NAS.